HOW DO YOU PROPERLY CARE AND MAINTAIN SUNSHIELD / SUNLITE POLYCARBONATE SHEETS?
1. Keep the protective film on the Sunlite and/or Sunshield UV Protected Polycarbonate Sheets surface throughout the installation process or during the frame surface coating. Only remove the film once the installation procedure will be done.
** excessive outdoor exposure of the polycarbonate sheets with film may cause the film’s adhesive to adhere to the polycarbonate sheets – therefore it is highly advisable for the entire installation process to be complete within 7 – 10 days **
For areas that can be easily reached by hand:
2. Clean the dust and grease on the surface with a neutral cleanser using soft cloth or sponge.
· Using a soft cloth sponge, gently wash the sheets to loosen dirt and grime and rinse well with clean water.
· To prevent water spotting thoroughly dry with chamois or cellulose sponge.
· Avoid the use of adhesive cleaners and or cleaning implements that may mar the coating.
· Compatible cleaning agents are Joy, Top Job, Mr. Clean and similar products.
For areas unreachable by hand:
Use a low pressure, pressure washer with soap solution to wet and wash the polycarbonate sheets.
With the same equipment, replace soap solution with tap water to rinse.
3. Naphtha, lamp oil, anti-corrosion oil, or PVC and rubber that contain plasticizers may cause cracks on the Sunlite and/or Sunshield UV Protected Polycarbonate Sheets. These chemicals are not to be in contact with the product.
4. If seam filling, grease, or paint is adhered to or contaminating the surface of Sunlite and/or Sunshield UV Protected Polycarbonate Sheets, use a soft cloth with commercial grade alcohol before the foreign particle hardens.
5. Do not use sharp tools or objects on the surface of the Sunlite and/or Sunshield UV Protected Polycarbonate Sheets to prevent from scratch.